- Membership. When you become a member of IRMAC, we collect information about you including but not limited to your name, your employer’s name, your work address, and your email address. We may also collect your personal email address, a personal mailing address, and a mobile phone number. We may ask members to voluntarily provide additional information in their membership profile, such as information about their educational background, or number of years in the field. We process your personal information for membership administration, to deliver member benefits to you, and to inform you of IRMAC and partner events, content, and other benefits or opportunities associated with your membership. IRMAC may also use this information to help understand our members’ needs and interests to better tailor our products and services to meet your needs.
- Event management. When people sign up for an IRMAC event, we ask for information to help us program our events to match audience interests. You may be asked to update your membership profile when you sign up for an event; this is optional, but we find the information provided at event registration is often more accurate and up-to-date than information provided at membership registration. Members may edit their profile at any time to change, add, or remove personal information. If you are not a member and you sign up for one of our events, we will collect information such as name, email, company, title, industry, address, phone number, whether it’s your first IRMAC event, meal preferences, and the like. If you are a presenter at one of our events, we will collect information about you including your name, employer and contact information, and photograph, and we may also collect information provided by event attendees who evaluated your performance as a presenter. With your permission, we may also make and store a recording of your presentation.
- Correspondence. If you correspond with us by email or other form of communication, we may retain such correspondence and the information contained in it and use it to respond to your inquiry; or to notify you of IRMAC events or other services.
- Payments. Typically, payment information is provided directly by users, via the IRMAC website for the purposes of paying for membership or other services into the processing service to which IRMAC subscribes. IRMAC does not itself process or store payment card information.
- Web management. As is true of most websites, IRMAC’s website collects certain information automatically and stores it in log files. The information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of IRMAC’s website, including a history of the pages you view. We use this information to help us design our site to better suit our users’ needs. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website, analyze trends, track visitor movements, and gather broad demographic information that assists us in identifying visitor preferences.
Information about your membership is maintained in one or more databases hosted by third parties located. These third parties do not use or have access to your personal information for any purpose other than cloud storage and retrieval
We do not otherwise reveal your personal information to third parties for their independent use unless: (1) you request or authorize it; (2) it’s in connection with IRMAC-hosted or co-sponsored events as described above; (3) through the IRMAC Member Directory described below; or (4) it is required by law, e.g. to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or court order.
Your personal information is stored by IRMAC on the servers of the cloud-based database management services IRMAC engages, located in [jurisdiction]. IRMAC retains data for the duration of the member’s business relationship with IRMAC and for a period of time thereafter to allow members to recover accounts if they decide to renew, to analyze the data for IRMAC’s operations, and for historical and archiving purposes associated with IRMAC’s history as a membership association.