Purpose of the Association
- To supply to our members current information in the field of information management.
- To encourage and promote a professional attitude among members in their pursuit of the discipline of information management and in their relations to others similarly engaged.
- To facilitate a community environment for members to develop and enrich their professional network.
- To foster a greater understanding of the vital business role of information management and the enterprise value of well managed information assets among executives, the public, and the members of the Association.
- To promote information management education.
- To maintain close liaison with the vendors and developers of information management software, equipment and services and to co-operate with all organizations affected directly or indirectly by the Association.
- Practical Data Governance
- Big Data strategies
- Semantic web technologies
- Adventures in Agile BI
- Metadata and repositories
- Data journalism: ethics and pitfalls
Meetings are normally held on the third Wednesday of each month at an easily accessible location within the City of Toronto. Check our web site listings for details. Registration typically starts at 4:15 pm, with the presentation proper starting at 4:30 pm. Meetings are adjourned by 6:00 pm. with the opportunity to network following the meeting. The majority of our meetings (except for the Annual Lunch) may also be attended remotely via webinar.