Bringing in the Emerging, Realized Information Age 3.0
“Data Management” on a project-by-project basis continues to cause Information Management failure. Larry English describes the new rules and regulations required to bring in the emerging Realized Information Age 3.0.
In this seminar Mr. English describes how to implement Enterprise-strength Information Management as a Business Management tool. You learn how to implement sustainable, Enterprise-wide Information Management. Addressed are the management and cultural issues required to implement EIM effectively, as well as how to acquire–and sustain–Executive Management support. Potential pitfalls facing EIM are identified along with guidance for avoidance.
Special focus is placed on the role of EIM in the current economic environment. Quality Management Principles are applied to Information Resource Quality (Information Product Specification data).
This Seminar/Tutorial addresses:
- Ways to engage and influence Executive Leadership Ownership and Involvement
- How to Apply the Universal Resource Management Life Cycle to Information and Business Management.
- Understand and apply the Objectives of Enterprise Information Management that lead to effective Business Management in the emerging realized Information Age 3.0.
- How to implement effective policies, procedures and value propositions for Enterprise effectiveness to support all Knowledge Worker and Information Producer Information Requirements.
- How to understand end-Consumer’s Information Requirements and why this is critical.
Executive Leadership Team, CIO, CIQO, Information Producers, Knowledge Workers, Information Analysts and Architects, Database Managers, Knowledge Managers, Information Systems Management, Information Systems Engineers, Database Designers, Information Quality Professionals.
Presentation with question and answer time (1 day). A full course outline is available here.
Basic understanding of business and information management
Larry English is an internationally recognized speaker, educator, author and consultant in information and knowledge management and information quality improvement. He also provides consulting and education in information stewardship, strategic information visioning, information technology evaluation, information resource management and data administration, data modeling and facilitation, and value-centric application development methods. Mr. English has developed the Total Information Quality Management (TIQM®) methodology applying Kaizen® quality principles to information quality management. He chairs Information Quality Conferences around the world. He is a co-founder of the International Association for Information and Data Quality (IAIDQ).