Case Studies and Lessons Learned on the Netezza High Performance DW Appliance
Too many Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence projects experience difficulties around the same issues:
- Performance can’t match expectations
- Costs prohibit doing some of the right things
- The business does not perceive the real benefits early enough in the process
- The business is not getting the business transformation they want
One unique approach to these challenges is the “data warehouse appliance”. These specialized solutions can fit into any environment and require few, if any, changes to existing tools.
True North Consulting in conjunction with our partner, Netezza, would like to share with you some key Technical Case Studies by a Netezza Systems Engineer which illustrate some of the ways that these new approaches and solutions have helped:
- address some of the classic performance problems and achieve some breakthrough performance
- reign in the costs of implementing data warehouses and data marts – initial cost, and ongoing “total cost” for running the solution
- implement business oriented solutions in faster than it used to take
- provide the ability to do things the business has never been able to do before
Intelligent Enterprise selected Netezza as “a Company to Watch in 2005” in recognition of the innovation that it has brought to Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
Ed Bernier graduated Magna Cum Laude from University of Hartford with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Math. He has 25 years experience working in Information Technology. He worked at Digital Equipment Corporation for 8 years selling and delivering UNIX solutions and has spent the last 9 at Informix, IBM and now Netezza specializing in data warehousing.
Questions please contact