Enterprise Application Integration
Join us on Wednesday, April 16th for a two-part presentation on Enterprise Application Integration. IRMAC is pleased to announce that David Callingham, of D. Callingham Associates, and Ken Dschankilic, Manager of Integration Architecture at Canadian Tire Corporation will be presenting.
In his EAI overview, Mr. Callingham will present:
- A Definition of EAI Overview of the principles and concepts underlying EAI
- Overview of the 3 basic integration patterns (Data Consistency, Multi-step Business Process, and Composite Application)
- A selection of leading software vendor implementation patterns (webMethods, IBM, Tibco, etc.)
- Impact of standards such as XML and WebServices
In his EAI application description, Mr. Dschankilic will present:
- An overview of Canadian Tire’s Integration Architecture needs
- A history of EAI activities at Canadian Tire The adoption of anI Integration Architecture Strategy
- The specific Integration Technologies that have been implemented and their current configurations
- A discussion of the key data issues that arise in EAI projects (eg. quality, consitency, formats)
This promises to be a stimulating session offering hard-won insights on Application Integration in large scale corporate environments. Both Dave and Ken are experience practitioners in EAI design and implementation. They will offer valuable knowledge and tips to IRMAC members facing Application Integration challenges. So please mark your calendars for April 16th and plan to join us at the Ontario Club for coffee and pastries at 8:30am.
David Callingham has 25 years of experience in the Information Technology Industry, 15 years as a consultant. He brings a broad range of technical skills to his consulting projects including – application development, application design, technology architecture, application architecture, integration architecture, product management and project management in mainframe, client/server, B2B and web environments. Dave also worked in the B2B/EAI Software Industry with responsibilities for strategic technology direction, business development and product management. Dave has focused on Integration technologies and implementations over the last 10 years of his consulting practice. He has led EAI strategies and implementations at several large Canadian companies and is a frequent presenter on the topic at Gartner Group Integration Conferences.
Ken Dschankilic is the Manager of Integration Architecture at Canadian Tire Corporation Limited. He has over 15 years experience in application development, the last 7 focusing on Enterprise Application Integration. Ken has presented at several industry forums on application integration issues. He and his team are responsible for all aspects of integration at Canadian Tire, from technology planning to requirements gathering, to implementation and support. Canadian Tire has successfully integrated all their lifeblood applications including supply chain, finance, planning, retail and heritage systems.
Ken Dschankilic, Enterprise Application Integration