How to Win Friends and Influence People with Painless Data Model Reviews and Presentations
You don’t have to be part of a painful data model walkthrough, presentation or review ever again. This hands-on workshop will provide you with real world tips, techniques, and trade-offs in preparing for a data model presentation and publishing models.
Workshop participants will learn:
- Tips for getting the best review comments from business users.
- A technique for reviewing modelling objects in the right order and spending the right amount of time reviewing.
- Trade-offs in presenting the material.
- Resources for easing the pain of developing definitions
- 10 tips for getting the right people to review the right models.
- Myths and Urban Legends about data model reviews
All participants will have the opportunity to showcase their own data model presentation skills.
Karen Lopez is a Toronto-based project manager and is a frequent IRMAC and DAMA speaker. She is the ListMistress of the InfoAdvisors / ITBoards.com Discussion Groups. Karen specializes in implementing practical approaches to modelling efforts.
- Karen Lopez, How to Win Friends and Influence People with Painless Data Model Reviews and Presentations (zipped)
- InfoAdvisors welcomes your feedback and testimonials on the presentation. To add your comments, e-mail email@example.com .
Meeting: Wednesday, March 8, 2006
8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental breakfast; 9:00 Start; Expected finish 11:30
No advance reservations are required.
Location: Join us at The Ontario Club, 5th Floor, Commerce Court South 30 Wellington Street West (Bay and Wellington), Toronto
Membership: Attendance is free for IRMAC members. A guest fee of $30 applies to non-members.