IRMAC Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse Special Interest Group
Corporate Data Architecture in a Federated World
This session will review the modelling constructs necessary to control a federated enterprise environment, (OLTP and DW) and the process and options that can be put in place to support the architecture.
- CDA defined
- how it fits into the greater picture of IT Architecture
- how it is supported by overall IT Process and compliance model
- Modelling the CDA way
- Metadata architecture ï¿½ Roles and responsibilities
- IT Business Process model
- Data stewardship
- Data and application architecture together
- The total CDA Framework
- On the Horizon for CDA
Attendee will learn:
- Practical modelling tips for flexibility and control of a federated data-modelling environment for DW deployment that works in the transactional modelling world too.
- How to control the model development process synchronizing various models developed during the development process, mechanisms to enforce standards.
Deborah Henderson, B.Sc., M.L.S. is Data Architect at INERGI LP, a subsidiary of Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Canada. She has many years experience in consulting to many different business functions in EIS/DSS, Knowledge Management, Data Warehousing, Enterprise Portal and On-line Analytical Processing design, with an extensive background in information management (process modelling, data modelling and data dictionaries) and associated architecture development.
Deborah is Vice President Data Management International (DAMAI) Education and Special Projects. (1999 -)
- Deborah Henderson, Corporate Data Architecture in a Federated World