Meta Data Special Interest Group Event
Marketing and Value of Metadata
- Does your organization realize value from managing metadata about its data?
- How has managing metadata been marketed to business and I.T. users?
- Do business people have access to (accurate) business definitions and rules about their data?
- What impact has the current regulatory climate had on your organization’s inclination to assign resources to managing metadata?
Come and hear four panellists with many years experience in the metadata management field present on their experience with marketing its value to the business and I.T. communities who use it. The presentations will be followed by a moderated discussion on the topic, where attendees can ask questions and also share about their own experience on this topic. Katrina Easton is our moderator.
- Todd Moore, Independent Consultant
- Andrea Malick, Canadian Tire
- Harsh Pharasi, CIBC
- John Tench, Independent Consultant
- Todd Moore, Metadata Retrospective
- Andrea Malick, Marketing and Value of Metadata
- Harsh Pharasi, A Workable Solution for Basic Metadata
- John Tench, Marketing Metadata (pdf)
Time and Location of Meeting
Meeting Details: Monday, January 9, 2006
Location: Beeton Room West, Toronto Reference Library, Yonge Street at Asquith Ave. (one block north of Bloor), Toronto
4:15 pm: Registration for prompt 4:30 pm start
6:30 pm. Expected Finish
The Meta Data SIG is for IRMAC members. Non-members are welcome to “try us out” for one session, and join IRMAC afterwards.